Friday, December 12, 2008

My Little Girl

Ok, so my little girl is 15 years old. She will always be my little girl though. She has been sick with a bug this week. I know this sounds gross, but I have never seen anyone throw up so much! Yuck. She is better and back at school today. I miss her already. Funny how kids want their moms, even older kids apparently, when they are sick. She has not wanted me to leave her side. If I moved, she wanted to know where I was going. Then last night, even though she felt better, she still wanted me to sleep in her bed with her. She rarely gets sick, and I'm very thankful for that. But while she was sick, I was worried and I prayed a lot. I don't like my children to hurt. I'm sure our Heavenly Father is the same way. He doesn't like for His children to hurt either, and when we do, He wants to be there for us. He wants us to just sit by His side if only for the comfort of it. We don't have to understand and we don't have to have an explanation, just sit with Him and let Him comfort us. I'm praising God today for my family and the many blessings He allows me to enjoy. God is so good!

No comments: